This blog has been discontinued 🧐 ... Keep up to date on MrWatson's new blog page 🤩
MrWatson's OLD Blog
|Posted by Russell Watson on 16 June, 2014 at 18:40|
There is ONLY ONE WAY to make FileMaker themes to be updateable across multiple files!
Just follow these SIX golden rules, and you will not get painfully stung!
1. DEFINE THEMES AND STYLES IN *ONE FILE* ONLY
2. SYNCHRONIZE THEM TO OTHER FILES ONLY BY IMPORTING AND REPLACING THE THEME:
LAYOUT MODE > LAYOUTS > CHANGE THEME... > [IMPORT THEME...] > [REPLACE]
FILE > MANAGE > THEMES... > [IMPORT...] > [REPLACE]
3. NEVER COPY AND PASTE THEMES
4. NEVER DEFINE THEMES AND STYLES BY HAND ANYWHERE ELSE IN YOUR SOLUTION
5. NEVER RENAME A THEME
6. BEWARE OF THEME AND STYLE IMPOSTORS AT ALL TIMES!